Boarding, Breeding, Training & Showing Stables:
1. You need to fill stalls.
2. You want to generate some public awareness about your operation.
3. You want to create new potential clients.
4. You want to separate your operation from your competitors’.
5. You want to establish yourself as an authority to local equestrians.
6. You want to make some cash on the side.
7. You want to sell a few horses, either for yourself, or for clients.
8. You want to promote your trainer, sell riding more riding lessons or bring in more horses for training or showing.
9. You need to sell breedings.
10. You want to create new services to offer both horsemen and the general public in your community.
Riding Instructors and Trainers
1. You want to increase your income by selling more lessons.
2. You want to fill stalls in your training barn.
3. You have a client with a horse for sale.
4. You want to have a career with horses, instead of just having a “real job,” and a few lessons or horses on the side.
5. You want to establish yourself as an authority in your field in your area.
6. You want to get established in a particular stable or barn.
7. You need to make some “quick cash” for a major purchase.
8. You need to have some additional income for an added expense.
9. You want to create new services to offer both horsemen and the general public in your community.
10. You want to establish your own stable.
11. You need more clients!
Tack Shops, Feed Stores, Etc.
1. You want to establish your store as an authority in your area – somewhere that people go to get good information and service.
2. You want to create new services to offer both horsemen and the general public.
3. You want to create some “press” about your business.
4. You want to be known as a business that helps local horsemen buy, sell, and do whatever they do better than they did it before.
5. You want to separate your business from the competition.
6. You want to expand your business, either by selling more stuff, moving to a larger facility, or by creating more customers.
7. You want to create more customers for your current clientele.
8. You want to create a side business.
9. You are a start-up business, and you want to establish it in the community without spending a lot of time and money.
10. You are looking for strategic business partners.
Horse Rescue Groups
1. You need to raise some money.
2. You need to create some public awareness about your facility, group and efforts.
3. You want to raise public awareness about the reality of horseownership.
4. You want to get more people involved in your effort.
5. You have horses (and/or other animals) that need foster or adoptive homes.
6. You have volunteers that need something to do.
Non-equine Careered Individuals
1. You want to create a new career for yourself with horses without investing huge amounts of money or time.
2. You want to do something that will support your “horse habit.”
3. You don’t want to change careers, you just want something that will make some extra money and allow you to work with horses.
4. You have a horse you are trying to sell.
5. You have an acquaintance that has a horse for sale.
6. You want to start a part or full time business working with people and/or their horses.